Adding UAB email to iPhone.
Posted by (Inactive) Will McCalley, Last modified by (Inactive) Will McCalley on 14 June 2013 01:09 PM
- On the Home Screen of your iPhone, Select Settings
- Scroll down and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select Add Account...
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Enter exchange account info:
- Email: (This is your @uab.edu address)
- Username: (This is your BlazerID)
- Password: (This is your BlazerID password)
- Description: uab
- Select Next. The iPhone will attempt to automatically sync with our exchange server.
- The automatic sync might fail with the error Exchange Account Verification Failed.
- Now two fields will appear between Email and Username titled "Server" and "Domain".
- In Server, enter name of UAB's exchange server: mail.ad.uab.edu
- In Domain, simply enter: uab
- The iPhone will verify the new account. If no error is returned, the account was created successfully.
- Select the services you wish to sync, and select save. Obviously, you want to sync your mail but if you sync calendars or contacts from the UAB server any info you may have on the phone's calendar or in the phone's contacts list or address book WILL be replaced with the information on the UAB server.