Adding Users to REDCap
Posted by (Inactive) Lacinda Riesland, Last modified by (Inactive) Lacinda Riesland on 19 February 2013 08:17 AM
1. Open up REDCap: apps.dom.uab.edu/redcap for PHI projects, dmsrv.dom.uab.edu for surveys.
2. Log in with your blazerID & password.
3. Click "Control Center" tab.
4. Click "Browse Projects"
5. Choose an existing user in the project. (sorted alphabetically by blazerID)
6. Click the project name link to go to that project.
7. Click "User Rights"
8. Enter the new user's blazerID in the "New User Name" box, then press enter. No validation occurs, so make sure this is the real blazerID and not an alias.
9. Assign minimum permissions needed (usually, just "Create Records"). Be careful with allowing the "User Rights" access (these users can change permissions for all users in the project) and Data Export rights.